StoryLab operates a privacy and data protection policy, in line with recommendations from Ireland’s Data Protection Commissioner.
The policy applies to all personal data processed by the organisation, including customer data, third party data and employee data.
These principles are:
- Obtain and process information fairly.
- Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
- Use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keep it safe and secure.
- Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes.
- Give a copy of his/her personal data to than individual, on request.
We collect your information in different ways:
- Directly from you.
For example, if you register for a promotion, post a comment on our website, ask us a question or email us.
- Through your use of our website.
You may view and use our website via a computer, phone, tablet or other device. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons on our website to collect information about your usage. To learn more, please see our Cookies Policy.
- Details of customers who have purchased services from StoryLab, are held on our database. This information is never shared with third parties. From time to time, we may send you information via email, letter or text about StoryLab, our events and upcoming events including training.
You can opt out of receiving our newsletters.
To stop receiving our newsletters update your account settings or follow the instructions in any newsletter you get from us. You can also email email@example.com
Our website may store some information (known as a cookie) on your computer. Cookies help you get the best out of the site and help us provide you with a better service. They cannot be used to identify you personally. Cookies are small pieces of text stored on your computer to help your browser keep track of your movements on the site, remember preferences you may have selected or keep you logged in until you log out. They are also used to anonymously collect marketing data, mostly through Google Analytics. Cookies may be disabled in your browser settings. StoryLab will not use the information you provide us with for purposes other than those for which the information was sent. We will not share your information with anyone outside of StoryLab. We will take reasonable steps to keep all information as secure as possible against unauthorised access and use. All information will be protected by our security measures, which are periodically reviewed. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the StoryLab services or Web sites you visit. StoryLab secures your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.