We get you noticed
Millions of people consume stories about the people we work with including news of their victories and milestones, their people, their achievements and their hopes.
- Corporate PR/Strategic Communications: Our three decades of national media experience helps us build profile, and protect the reputation of organisations and senior executives. We can help also with announcements, reports and other key business developments, including structural change.
- Online Press Office: We smoothly manage all dealings and interactions with the media for clients. We issue professional press releases, and deal with all media queries and requests. We also act as your spokesperson to agreed protocols and have an emergency out-of-hours service.
- Media Training: We get you ship-shape for planned or unexpected media interviews. Our team will record you being put through your paces on film and audio and give it to you straight — with feedback and a plan to fix any glitches that might take the shine off your opportunities.
- Launches/Events/Awards: Consumer, public sector or corporate, we manage events/product launches and organise press conferences/media briefings and other events with press releases, video, photography and audio to capture it all.
- Crisis Prep and Crisis Management: Planning for a crisis is essential. We teach our clients to understand how the media sees a crisis from the second it starts, how to ride the wave of a rapidly-escalating situation and how to contain any damage. As editors, we’ve reported and managed the breaking news and follow-up coverage of accidents, product recalls, company closures, arrests and complex HR or industrial relations issues. We have deep experience of asking the tough questions and anticipating the answers. We can integrate into your formal crisis communications team, or manage one for you.
- Social Media Storms: Dealing with official media is one thing, dealing with a firestorm on Twitter or Facebook requires different skills. A social crisis can take hold in seconds and minutes. We’ve got your reaction plan ready.
- Community Relations/CSR: We actively help brands to raise their profile in local communities, giving media and other partners news and information about activities that are having positive benefits. We also advise on the handling of more sensitive issues.
- Public Awareness Campaigns: When you need to achieve strategic goals such as raising an issue quickly and effectively with the public or particular groups, we work with clients to execute campaigns with impact.
We deliver with:
- Strategy: We help businesses build angled stories that contain the best journalistic ingredients. As newsroom natives, we deliver your stories in a way that will engage and excite editors and journalists. We do that by holding reporting sessions to discover your stories and designing a strategic PR campaign plan that is specific to your needs.
- Storytelling: A good PR company will find the story and nail coherent narratives for the media in simple, accessible terms. As senior journalists for The Observer, Sunday Times, Sunday Business Post and Irish Independent, we placed story creation, ideas and compelling angles at the heart of our work. At StoryLab, we share that experience with clients.
- Contacts and Reach: StoryLab plugs you straight into a vast network of media connections in Ireland and the UK, contacts amalgamated over many years in top-flight journalism. These include news, business, features and magazine editors, senior writers and columnists, broadcasters and online contributors who can help to spread the word. Crucially, we help clients identify who matters — and who doesn’t — in the media. This is super important.